5.27.2011

Before and After - Chairs

My mom and I bought a set of four of these chairs when I was heading into my senior year of college for ten bucks a chair at a consignment shop.  They were an ugly wine/red with some bad, chain hotel fabric.  So in the spirit of a college senior (in 1999), we painted the chairs black and recovered in black and white zebra print fabric. When I moved to Chicago 3 years later, I wanted some more grown up chairs, so I left them black and recovered in red stripe fabric in the attached photo. Now 10 years later, they were a little worse for wear, and I wanted yet another look for my house. I decided I wanted to see what they looked like at their most natural and took a chance. When I stripped them down to their base, they were a gorgeous brushed metal - very much like the original Emeco Navy Chair. In order to properly compliment the beautiful aluminum, I bought some bull denim, sprayed on some Scotch Guard, and recovered them yet again. I LOVE the result, and the best part is that I'm not that concerned about spills. They're somewhat protected with the Scotch Guard and the bull denim was so inexpensive, and it's widely available, so if they get stained, I can just recover them again!

BEFORE

AFTER
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment