11.05.2014

T-day Torture

Let me set the record straight: Thanksgiving is the BEST.  I love the food, the hanging out with friends/family, the fall atmosphere.  To top it off, it was my mom's favorite, so I like to carry on her traditions.

So it's torture that I have no idea if we'll have a baby by then! Will we?  Won't we?  Ack!

That said, Rush's mom has volunteered to take on cooking the meal, but of course, if I'm not pregnant, I want to cook it (or at least help).

One of my non-negotiables is this cranberry sauce recipe from the original Domino mag.  So easy and so delicious - esp when served as a sort of jam on leftover rolls the day after...

Cranberry-Clementine Sauce
(1) 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries
(1) clementine
1 cup of sugar
3/4 cup water

Wash the cranberries, remove any stems and throw out any squishy berries. Strain and put in a medium pot. Slice the clementine in half through the equator and then into razor-thin slices. Add the clementine, water and sugar to the cranberries.

Stir and heat on medium to a boil. After it reaches boiling, let it boil for a few seconds until you can tell the berries are starting to burst. Reduce heat to simmer and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.  

Sauce with thicken a bit as it cools. You can make this a day or two in advance and stored tightly covered in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment