7.21.2011

Seaweed Addiction

I suppose there are far worse things to be addicted to, but I am a little embarrassed by how much I enjoy roasted seaweed.  Trader Joe's and Fresh & Easy both have their versions which are good. Like:


What I hate though is that they're $.99 for a small package, and it's a lot of packaging.  So what did I do?  Sought the advice of the internet for making my own.  There appear to be a few methods out there (pan fry versus the oven), so I thought it would take a bit more trial/error than it did.  My method?  Take regular nori from the grocery store, brush the rough side (this is important) lightly with sesame oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and ground pepper and bake on a baking sheet for 5 - 10 minutes at 300 degrees until crisp and dark green/black in color.  The fun part (for me anyway, and I've already established that I'm weird) is putting the sheets in a stack on a cutting board and using a pizza cutter to slice into small strips.  Something satisfying about that!  Then stack in a reusable airtight container and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment